All the service you need in one place
There’s a lot to take care of when you arrive in Denmark as a foreign employee or job seeker. International Citizen Service (ICS) is there to help. We make the contact to Danish authorities as easy as possible – for you, your partner, and for Danish companies that employ foreign employees.
All the authorities you typically need to contact are represented at ICS. So in most cases, you’ll only need to visit an ICS office in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense or Aalborg to take care of paperwork and find answers to your questions.
ICS can’t help you with everything there and then, but you can expect efficient service and assistance. If ICS cannot help with your enquiry, we will refer you to the relevant authority.
You will find International Citizen Service in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense and Aalborg (Opening hours and contact information)
Please note that all persons wishing to register in Denmark must attend in person at the International Citizen Service or other relevant authorities. Depending on your nationality you'll have to bring different dokumentation and completed forms. Before heading to your closest ICS, please use checklists on icitizen.dk to make sure that your closest ICS can issue a CPR-number on behalf of the municipality you reside in and you bring all the necessary documents with you.
International Citizen Service offers
Help with the paperwork
- EU residence document for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens
- Tax card
- Civil Registration number (CPR)
- Health insurance card
- Danish driver’s license
Personal guidance on
- Residence rules for non-EU citizens
- Job seeking in Denmark
- Danish courses
- The Danish tax system
- Registration of foreign vehicles
Useful information about
- Living and working conditions in Denmark
- Authorisation and recognition of foreign qualifications
- Study and career counselling
- Day-care for children
- Network and social activities in your area
The following authorities are represented at ICS
- The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration
- The Danish Tax and Customs Administration – SKAT
- The host municipal administrations (Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense and Aalborg)
- At ICS Aarhus: the expat organisation International Community