There are a lot of practicalities to deal with when you move to Denmark.
International Citizen Service (ICS) is there to help. ICS facilitates an easier process of contacting Danish authorities for you and your family and for Danish companies that employ foreign employees.
You will find International Citizen Service in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense and Aalborg.
All the authorities you typically need to contact are represented at ICS. Some registrations require personal attendance and others are managed online. In most cases, you will only need to visit an ICS office in Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense or Aalborg to take care of the necessary paperwork.
ICS can’t help you with everything, but you can expect efficient service and assistance. If ICS cannot help with your enquiry, you will be referred to the relevant authority.
Please note that all individuals wishing to register in Denmark must attend in person at the International Citizen Service or other relevant authorities. Before heading to your nearest ICS please read carefully what procedures applies to you, depending on your nationality, residing municipality etc. at www.lifeindenmark.dk (new tab).
International Citizen Service offers
Help with the following registrations:
- EU residence document for EU/EEA/Swiss citizens
- Biometric recording (only ICS in Odense, Aalborg and Aarhus )
- Tax card (online service)
- Civil Registration number (CPR-number)
- Health insurance card
- NemID (personal secure login for digital contact)
Hotline guidance on:
- The registration process
- Job seeking in Denmark
- Danish language courses
- The Danish tax system
At www.lifeindenmark.dk you will find useful information on:
- Living and working conditions in Denmark
- Authorisation and recognition of foreign qualifications
- Study and career counselling
- Day-care for children
- Network and social activities in your area
- Danish driver’s license
- Registration of foreign vehicles
The following authorities are represented at ICS:
- The host municipal administrations (Copenhagen, Aarhus, Odense and Aalborg)
- The Danish Agency for International Recruitment and Integration (SIRI)
- Workindenmark – online service
- The Danish Tax Agency ( SKAT) – online service
- At ICS Aarhus: the expat organisation International Community