Workindenmark step-by-step


In Denmark, the employers are obligated to take out occupational injury insurance. You are covered by your employer’s insurance in connection with your job.

Employer’s insurance does not cover your leisure time. Therefore, you should consider taking out private insurances. Insurance companies have various offers.

Unemployment insurance

Being insured for unemployment is voluntary in Denmark. If you want to be insured for unemployment, you must apply for membership to an unemployment insurance fund, also called an “a-kasse”.

If you are a member of an unemployment insurance fund and if become unemployed, under certain conditions you can receive unemployment benefits.

You can contact an unemployment insurance fund within your field of work and get more information about membership and your rights if you find yourself without a job.