Do you want to be part of developing the future of green energy solutions for offshore wind power?
For our Offshore Nacelle & Hub Department R&D we are looking for a dedicated experienced Mechanical Design Engineer. You will become part of a dynamic R&D environment where we work with the latest and most advanced technologies within wind power contributing to future green energy solutions. Nacelle and hub structures are dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure. Nacelle and hub structures are dynamical loaded which results in high requirements for the mechanical components due to the risk of extreme and fatigue failure.
What are my responsibilities?
· Concept development
o Steel and aluminum parts
o Plastic parts
o Advanced shape modelling of large cast iron and composite components
· 3D modelling in NX
· 2D drafting using GPS (Geometrical Product Specification)
· Large 3D assemblies
· Using Teamcenter for administration of 3D models and 2D drawings
· Participate in prototype assembly in workshop
· Implementation of learnings from prototypes
· Stakeholder management
· D-FMEA (Design Failure Mode and Effect Analysis)
· DRA (Design Risk Assessment)
· DDL (Design Decision Logs)
· Tolerance Stack Analysis
· Execution of New Product Development project
What do I need to qualify for this job?
· You have a Bachelor or master in mechanical or civil engineering and min 5 years of relevant work experience
· You have Experience with 3D modelling in CAD tool
· You have experience with 2D drafting in CAD tool
· You have knowledge of and preferably experience with GPS, Tolerance stack analysis, SAP, NX and Teamcenter
· You are able to do confident stakeholder management in design reviews
· You are outgoing and proactive
· You have the ability to work both independently and in teams
· You have a structured, analytical and innovative approach to your tasks
· You possess very good communication and English skills – both orally and in writing
In case you have acquired your skills in alternative ways your application is just as well appreciated.
What else do I need to know?
Siemens Wind Power is a leading supplier of wind power solutions for onshore, offshore and coastal sites. Denmark is a core part of Siemens’ global wind power activities, housing global wind power R&D and engineering activities along with several supply chain management, sales and project management functions. Currently, approximately 6,000 employees out of a global staff of more than 11,500 work with wind power solutions in Denmark.
We continuously strive to strengthen our position, and we are therefore looking for bright minds eager to join a dynamic, international organization offering unique opportunities for its employees.
Apply online in English for the job. Please note that we will reply by email. We are looking forward to receiving your online application. Please ensure you complete all areas of the application form to the best of your ability, as we will use the data to review your suitability for the role.