Do you have solid knowledge of finance, accounting and business analysis? Would you like to be a key player in ensuring high-quality accounting and finance support throughout our Danish Business Unit? Then come join Maersk Oil in Esbjerg. Here, you will have opportunities to develop further and impact our finance function.
As our new Finance Controller, you will join the Danish Business Unit (DBU) of Maersk Oil in Esbjerg, Denmark. The Esbjerg office constitutes the headquarters for all Maersk Oil production activities in the Danish sector of the North Sea. You will take on an important role and support the business unit controlling team in executing both the business unit’s and the Global organisation’s controlling agenda.
Providing specialist finance support, you help enable an effective finance function and will be a key player in promoting the principles of good accounting practices, continuous improvement and the Maersk Oil
values and behaviors. You will be cooperating closely with highly skilled and professional colleagues throughout the business unit, and in particular with the Planning, Performance and Economics team and the Global Service Centre.
Being part of a lively environment with a good social atmosphere, you can also develop a broad network, working with many internal and external stakeholders.
Your key responsibilities will be:
• Timely preparation of periodic financial statements in accordance with IFRS as well as any specific local joint venture and government requirements
• Provide information to management and departments for cost control purposes
• Review of financial reporting materials to headquarters and auditors, and provide in depth analysis on financial performance
• Coordination of internal, external and JV audits, ensuring close-out of audit actions
• Ensure compliance, e.g. in contracts, budget availability, stock counts, DOA/SOD and so on.
• Provide ad hoc finance expertise
Who we are looking for
• You are focused on process excellence and take a service-minded approach to your work, understanding your colleagues’ need for specialist finance support.
• You possess the ability to create positive relations to peers and stakeholders internally and externally.
• As a skilled communicator, both written and verbally, you are able to present complex technical issues in a clear and concise manner.
• Skilled Controller with good overall knowledge of finance, accounting and business analysis, most likely obtained through a minimum of 5 years of similar work
• Proficient in the use of MS Office and SAP
• Speak and write English fluently
Last application date: 29 September 2017.
For further information, please contact: Recruitment Partner, Mathilde Jensen, + 45 79115548.
Maersk Oil is proud of its 40-year track record finding and developing oil and gas with partners globally. We focus on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. Operated production is over 500,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day from assets in Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, the US Gulf of Mexico, Brazil and Algeria. Exploration activities are ongoing in Angola, Norway, Kenya, Ethiopia, Greenland, Kurdistan Region of Iraq and in the producing countries. As part of the Maersk Group, which has existed for more than 100 years and operates in more than 130 countries, we are backed by a worldwide conglomerate that is renowned for its long-term investment strategies, impressive history and strong values.
For more information, please visit the company website at http://www.maerskoil.com