We have an exciting new opportunity for a skilled and experienced QC Professional to join our QC Microbiology team in Hillerød.
In this role, you will be responsible for contributing to key functional, tactical, and operational aspects of the QC group at Biogen. You will actively provide leadership and mentoring as needed to aid in the development of team/peers, self and team projects. You will also provide technical leadership through effective project management, status tracking, presentations, and communication.
- Coordinates testing and review of analytical data to support routine testing, test validation, qualification and certification activities
- Provide microbial assessments and technical/scientific support for our Large Scale Manufacturing Provides troubleshooting and support for QC Microbiology and the Environmental Monitoring team to obtain team success
- Author protocols, change control requests and technical reports for ensuring successful execution of, qualification and analytical improvement projects
- Approve data and documents within the team and within area of focus
- Participates effectively in a leadership or membership role for site cross-functional teams as a representative of the QC Microbiology laboratory
- Ensure compliance with cGMP
Location Hillerod, Denmark
Job Category Operations, Technology & Innovation (PO&T), Quality
Requisition Number 32095BR
- Advanced knowledge in microbiology and/or in environmental/utility monitoring
- Knowledge in GMP or other quality systems
- Experience with pharmaceutical production or e.g. food industry will be beneficial
- Excellent technical writing, presentation and communication skills
- Able to work effectively, independently and within a team framework, across all business areas and levels of the organization.
Education - M.S. or Ph.D degree in biology, food science, biotechnology or similar, specialized within Microbiology
Through cutting-edge science and medicine, Biogen discovers, develops and delivers worldwide innovative therapies for people living with serious neurological and neurodegenerative diseases. Biogen is a pioneer in biotechnology and today the Company has the leading portfolio of medicines to treat multiple sclerosis (MS), has introduced the first and only approved treatment for spinal muscular atrophy, and is at the forefront of neurology research for conditions including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Biogen also manufactures and commercializes biosimilars of advanced biologics. Our global organization of nearly 7,000 employees is committed to a single mission: making a meaningful difference in the lives of patients with few or no treatment options.
One of the pioneers in biotechnology, Biogen was founded in 1978 and today serves patients in nearly 90 countries. Our global headquarters and R&D operations are located in Cambridge, Massachusetts, with an international headquarters in Zug, Switzerland, world-class manufacturing facilities in Research Triangle Park, North Carolina, USA and Hillerod, Denmark, and affiliate locations around the world.
We aspire to have the greatest impact on patients and science of any biotechnology company in the history of our industry. To us, that means creating novel medicines that benefit individuals and society, and bringing new scientific understanding to diseases for which there are no adequate treatments.
For nearly two decades Biogen has led in the research and development of new therapies to treat MS, including the most prescribed oral treatment in the world. Now our research is driving revolutionary new MS treatments with the goal of reversing or even repairing damage caused by the disease. We are now applying our neurological expertise to solve some of most challenging and complex diseases of the brain, including Alzheimer’s disease, Parkinson’s disease, and ALS. As we uncover new insights into human biology, Biogen is employing cutting-edge technologies to discover potential treatments for rare and genetic disorders.
Biogen is revolutionizing biologics manufacturing, developing the industry’s most advanced plants and processes. This expertise is used to produce both original innovative therapies and biosimilars that expand patient access to lower-cost medicines.
Our Corporate Citizenship
The same intellectual discipline and passion that drives our science is reflected in our corporate citizenship, environmental sustainability, and commitment to diversity and inclusion. As a company, we are focused on improving science education and limiting the impact of our company on the environment. In 2015, we became a carbon neutral company and ranked first place on Newsweek’s 2015 Green Rankings, and we are an industry leader on the Dow Jones Sustainability World Index. Biogen was named to Science’s list of Top Employers of 2015 and in 2017 received a perfect score of 100 for the fourth consecutive year on the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Corporate Equality Index, which also named Biogen as one of its Best Places to Work.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, religion, age, veteran status, disability, genetic information or any other basis protected by federal, state or local law. Biogen is an E-Verify Employer in the United States.
Please be advised that all legitimate correspondence from a Biogen employee will come from "@biogen.com" email accounts.