Are you interested in driving projects forward with resolution of organisational barriers incl. (but not limited to) key IT and data architectural decisions and alignment with BI strategies towards optimal digital solutions? And furthermore, do you have experience in process optimization? Then continue reading!
Maersk Oil has been through a restructuring process to strengthen the business core and reflect the increased focus on the North Sea. The new structure has opened up a number of exciting career opportunities.
Maersk Oil offers you a unique opportunity to join an international organization with over 30 different nationalities at the office in Esbjerg. Therefore, you will be able to engage, share knowledge, gain cultural intelligence and be part of a cross-collaborative synergistic team. This would be essential for you in relationship-building, negotiation and liaison with multiple internal / external stakeholders and furthermore, your ability to work in a team and across departments and culturally diverse geographies.
As BI Business Analyst, you will have the unique opportunity providing an increased level of predictability, quality and confidence in data and information displayed through the BI and Analytics solutions. Furthermore, you will get to ensure the delivery of technology projects in an organised and predictable manner, by working with stakeholders to reduce resistance and effect on organisational change.
In the Data CoE Team, you will be able to shape and develop a central role with great influence in understanding, capturing and delivering on Business Intelligence and Analytics requirement along with optimization and support on existing BI solutions and related processes; this is with the possibility to continuously learn and develop your competencies. You will moreover get to take an active part in realizing the business value using your knowledge and experience in continuously evaluating and optimize existing BI service deliverables.
You will be the focal point in managing Business Intelligence solutions across designated functional areas. You will have the responsibility of planning and delivering on projects and changes in agreements with sponsor(s) across business and IT. You will also prioritize and manage resources and knowledge for AMS IT differentiation. And finally, you will have a key role in monitoring, stabilising and improving AMS and BI services within designated functional areas.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify business owners and relevant stakeholders as relevant for ongoing engagement and quality assurance
- Capture business reporting and analytics demands, and deliver BI solutions according to method and defined standard deliverables
- Provide BI and Analytics training and facilitate BI community communication and gatherings
- Maintain portfolio of Managed Reports
- Develop and adopt planning and scheduling framework as required for optimal/balanced AMS resourcing
- Agree with stakeholders on data quality metrics and implement data quality monitoring
- Provide and manage secure access and ad-hoc data extracts from Data Warehouse
- On request assess and introduce new data sources to Data Warehouse
- Provide and maintain efficient and predictable data ETL processes
Who we are looking for
It is important that you address the job with a strong understanding of the Business and People and a hands-on approach. Naturally, you thrive in a highly independent and visible position in a free and dynamic working environment. You are able to document business cases incl. justification of investment and quantified business benefits. Moreover, the position calls for a structured approach to requirements elicitation techniques and end-user interview facilitation with experience in managing vendors, SLAs and commercial negotiation. Also, excellent communicative skills are essential in combining a holistic business view with concrete technical design architecture initiatives. Finally, knowledge of Oil & Gas vendors and applications is an advantage. We are looking for a strong team player with the ability to build relationships and work constructively with others to achieve business goals. Your background:
- 7+ years of experience in business analysis with deep subject matter expertise within a selected business discipline e.g. HSE, Applied Technology or Operations
- 5+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse Solutions
- 3+ years of experience in project management
- Master in Information Technology or comparable business oriented degree
- Fluent in ArchiMate, ERD and snowflake dimensional models
- Certified DAMA or experienced Data Quality Management professional
- Knowledge of Oracle databases and Oracle OBIEE.
We look forward to receiving your application!
Last application date: 26 October 2017.
For further information, please contact: Senior G&G Data Operations, Jonathan Fleetham: Jonathan.Fleetham@maerskoil.com or HR Recruitment Partner, Bjørn Jepsen: +45 6012 2680.
Maersk Oil is proud of its 40-year track record finding and developing oil and gas with partners globally. We focus on pioneering technologies and harnessing talent to operate safely and successfully, creating value for partners and host governments. Operated production is over 500,000 barrels of oil equivalent per day from assets in Denmark, the UK, Qatar, Kazakhstan, the US Gulf of Mexico, Brazil and Algeria. Exploration activities are ongoing in Angola, Norway, Kenya, Ethiopia, Greenland, Kurdistan Region of Iraq and in the producing countries. As part of the Maersk Group, which has existed for more than 100 years and operates in more than 130 countries, we are backed by a worldwide conglomerate that is renowned for its long-term investment strategies, impressive history and strong values.
For more information, please visit the company website at http://www.maerskoil.com ;