Buying a car should be fun, not complex
With a team of ambitious, international developers, AutoUncle has changed the game of how cars are bought and sold. We’re proud of how we’ve led the development of online transparency in the car market and grateful for the accelerated growth we've experienced the last years. Our results are a product of a human culture and a guiding principle for creating the worlds most used platform for making hassle-free deals happen.
Most people know AutoUncle for the consumer service (native apps and web) used by millions of consumers across Europe. But, new colleagues tend to get very excited when they see the technological depth there is to AutoUncle’s platform (accurate car valuations, indexing and data processing of millions cars daily, pro dealership tools, automatic marketing platforms, automated billing and so much more).
Financially strong, fast growing and modern workstyle
When you join AutoUncle, you sign up for a journey of building one of Europe’s biggest consumer services. The company is financially strong and operates like a fast growing, modern company. In Product & Engineering you see this by:
- We set annual and quarterly goals using OKRs
- We care about true agility and plan epics and sprints using Scrum (no buts!)
- We believe Scrum teams should be self-organising and come up with solutions to problems and opportunities, not just execute on tasks specced in detail by a manager.
- We take decisions based on data, run lots of A/B tests and have efficient ways to get rapid user feedback
- We invest in team and personal growth (retrospectives, team events, recurring 1:1s)
- We get together across teams to share what we work on and discuss the things that influence all of us such as having great development processes and maintaining a healthy code quality
- We methodically work with the company's culture at quarterly Company Meetups (virtual or physical, when it's safe)
- We understand that humans are oscillating beings and are flexible with our colleagues. We're not remote first (spending regular time together is just more fun), but encourage people to organise their work in the way that works best for them, including working remotely with regularity.
We believe the best results are produced in environments where people enjoy working. As you get started you’ll quickly appreciate that the company has a clear vision and a healthy work culture where honesty, feedback, personal development and humour are the cornerstones. We optimise for working smart and have a strong commitment to the type of workplace we want at AutoUncle.
Our current stack runs on Ruby on Rails, React.js, Webpack, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, Sidekiq Enterprise, Dedicated servers + AWS.
We work using Github, Slack, Trello, Honeybadger, Google Analytics, New Relic, Semaphore as well as a range of internally built monitoring and management systems.
You’re a an experienced developer who cares about impact, collaborates well and enjoys mentoring others. We’re not picky about academic background, but expect that you have a well-trained analytical mindset and are capable of designing architectures yourself. If you're currently living in another country than Denmark (preferably within the EU) you should be ready for an adventure moving to the second largest city in Denmark with a blossoming cultural scene and tech environment.
If you have prior experience with Ruby on Rails that's a big plus, but we also find that switching from similar frameworks is fairly painfree. Whether you feel more at home with backend or frontend is not crucial, we have plenty of challenges.
Info & how to apply
Deadline: Now - we're having conversations ongoing
Start date: By agreement
Working hours: Full-time (37h per week).
Office: Klostergade, Aarhus C.
Salary: Competitive, but if you're only moving for a salary bump - AutoUncle is not your destination.
Relocation: We'll support you if you need to move.
In your application, please include a few paragraphs where you tell us a bit about yourself and what interests you have in the position. Besides that we’re super curious to see what you’ve done before: code examples of work, interfaces you’ve built and perhaps responsibilities you have had in other projects. The more specific the better.
We offer an individual tailored relocation package if you move to Aarhus from abroad.
We handle all interactions discreetly and will make sure that your interest in growing is not going to create conflict elsewhere.